2018 Camp Nursing Symposium: Camp Nurses are Positively Magical
February 19-21, 2018
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
The Symposium was a wonderful time of connecting with other camp nurses, gaining new insites into the practice of healthcare at camp, and being inspired in the work we do.
- A record of over 100 participants!
- Marcus Engel, Keynote speaker inspired us to take advantage of every moment, to be present with the campers and staff we are caring for
- Breakout sessions focusing on current practice for clinical issues: concussions, ticks, diabetes, eating disorders and others
- Award Winners:
- Camp Nurse of the Year: Stacy Dorian, RN (Camp Tawonga, California)
- CompassPoint writing award – Dr. Vicki Moran & Dr. Abby Hollander (Camp EDI, the Ed and Gloria Hirsch
Camp for Children with Diabetes)
Jeanne Otto Award: Mary Marugg, RN (Sonlight Christian Camp, Colorado)
This is the leading conference for nurses and others who practice healthcare in a camp setting. The symposium includes expert speakers, round table discussions, networking opportunities and more. The ACN annual Symposium is held in connection with the American Camp Association National Conference, offering a collaborative event rich with opportunities for expanding your knowledge of camp health services.
Call ACN’s office (502-232-2945). Executive Director, Tracey Gaslin will gladly help with questions regarding the event.