Resources & Links
ACN strives to provide information and education regarding camp health. Many of these organizations work collaboratively with ACN to address camp health issues and needs.
Links below will support your discovery and learning:
- American Camp Association
- Center for Disease Control
- Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America
- The Consortium on Children's Asthma Camps
- Diabetes Education and Camping Association
- Children's Oncology Camp Association, Int.
- Canadian Camping Association - Health and Wellness
- Concussions at Camp - Resources from the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, Research Institute
These guidelines provide direction and support for five of the most common activities performed by health care staff at camps.
- Delegation Practice Guideline PDF
- Documentation Practice Guideline PDF
- Health Screening Practice Guideline PDF
- Medication Management Practice Guideline PDF
- Communicable Disease Practice Guideline PDF
- Communicable Disease Strategies for Camp PDF
New to Camp Nursing?
- Want to Be a Camp Nurse? Basics to Consider. (Erceg, L.) PDF
- Camp Nursing FAQs (Erceg, L.) PDF
- A First Year Experience with Camp Nursing (Mark, J. CompassPoint 2008) PDF
Links to Articles
- Want to be a camp nurse? Ten basics to get you out there! (Nursing 2017)
- Creating Healthy Camp Experiences (AAP News and Journals Gateway)
- Hiring and Retaining a Happy Camp Nurse (Nerderman, D. 2012. CompassPoint).
- Is It Time to Explore Day Camp Nursing (Hill, B., Webster, E., & Austin, E. 2012. CompassPoint)
- Orienting Your Camp Nurse (Erceg, L., March 2018 Camping Magazine)