ACN has a mission to provide quality, current, evidence-based education for camp nurses, healthcare providers, and staff. As we invest in research and educational activities, we will work to provide this information to you. Our hope is to support your camp health services through training, mentoring, and learning experiences that empower your work.
These guidelines provide direction and support for five of the most common activities performed by health care staff at camps.
- Delegation Practice Guideline PDF
- Documentation Practice Guideline PDF
- Health Screening Practice Guideline PDF
- Medication Management Practice Guideline PDF
- Communicable Disease Practice Guideline PDF
- Communicable Disease Strategies for Camp PDF
New to Camp Nursing?
- Want to Be a Camp Nurse? Basics to Consider. (Erceg, L.) PDF
- Camp Nursing FAQs (Erceg, L.) PDF
- A First Year Experience with Camp Nursing (Mark, J. CompassPoint 2008) PDF
Links to Articles
- Want to be a camp nurse? Ten basics to get you out there! (Nursing 2017)
- Creating Healthy Camp Experiences (AAP News and Journals Gateway)
- Hiring and Retaining a Happy Camp Nurse (Nerderman, D. 2012. CompassPoint).
- Is It Time to Explore Day Camp Nursing (Hill, B., Webster, E., & Austin, E. 2012. CompassPoint)