The Leading Conference for Camp Healthcare
The 2020 Camp Nurse Symposium
February 10 – 12, 2020
San Diego, California
Link below for full details
Join us for an informative and fun conference!
“It’s so amazing coming to ACN and connecting with other camp nurses and share our passion. The inspiration and networking is phenomenal. Thank you ACN for another awesome symposium! & we had fun too!”
2020 Symposium Topics
Pre-Conference: Monday February 10th
- Mental Health Challenges at Summer Camp
Tuesday February 11th
- Oral Immunotherapy: What is it? Can we do that here?
- The Camper on Arrival-Significant Physical Assessments
- Red, Yellow, Green…Black: Handling an Multiple Casualty Incident at Camp
- Stop the Bleed
- Using PDSA to improve concussion screening and management at summer camps
- Caring for the camper with chronic medical conditions: Is your camp the right fit?
- Round Table Discussions:
- What, When and How: Reportable Illnesses
- Health Center Nuts and Bolts: for the first time camp nurse
- Health Center Needs: for the experienced camp nurse
- Exploring ACN Camp Nursing Resources
- Medications to Treat Chronic Allergy Symptoms and Acute Allergic Reactions at Camp
- Health Center Needs: A Big List
Wednesday February 12th
- CBD Oil and Homeopathics: Unravelling the Mysteries
- Immunization Policies at Camp and Reccommendations from the American Academy of Pediatrics
- Injury and Illness: What is Happening at Camp?
- Is Your Camp MESH Supportive
Speakers will include Barry Garst, PhD, Linda Erceg, RN, MSN, PHN, Tracey Gaslin, PhD, CRNI, CPNP, FNP-BC, Michael Ambrose, MD, Katie Waldrep BSN, RN, Matt Hecht RN, Rachel Wasczczak BSN, Camp Director, Lisa Cranwell-Bruce FNP, Ann Laske EdD, RN, CNE, Kelly Zakar MSN, APRN Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, Stacy Dorian RN, EMT, W-EMT and Phil Hackman, RN, Rebecca Mitchell, DNP, MSN, APRN, Kelly Zakar, MSN, APRN, PNP, Davida Rubin JD, BA, RN and more!
This activity has been submitted to the Ohio Nurses Association for approval to award contact hours. The Ohio Nurses Association is accredited as an approver of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. (OBN-001-91)
We’re almost to our goal! To celebrate ACN’s 25th year we have a campaign to raise $6250 to support ACN’s Online Education Center. Join us in meeting our goal and moving ACN in to the next 25 years.
If you’re not able to attend the Symposium this year don’t forget to explore ACN’s online education courses. If you are attending the symposium it’s easy to add a donation to your registration fee to be part of this campaign.
Join us is moving ACN in to the next 25 years and support the Online Education Center