The Leading Conference for Camp Healthcare
The 2020 Camp Nurse Symposium
February 10 – 12, 2020
San Diego, California
Link below for full details
Join us for an informative and fun conference!
“It’s so amazing coming to ACN and connecting with other camp nurses and share our passion. The inspiration and networking is phenomenal. Thank you ACN for another awesome symposium! & we had fun too!”
2020 Symposium Topics
Pre-Conference: Monday February 10th
- Mental Health Care
Tuesday February 11th
- Oral Immunotherapy: What is it? Can we do that here?
- The Camper on Arrival-Significant Physical Assessments
- Red, Yellow, Green…Black: Handling an Multiple Casualty Incident at Camp
- Stop the Bleed
- Using PDSA to improve concussion screening and management at summer camps
- Somewhere Under the Rainbow: Incivility of Queer, Transgender, Non-binary Youth at Camp
- Caring for the camper with chronic medical conditions: Is your camp the right fit?
- Round Table Discussions:
- What, When and How: Reportable Illnesses
- Health Center Nuts and Bolts: for the first time camp nurse
- Health Center Needs: for the experienced camp nurse
Wednesday February 12th
- CBD Oil and Homeopathics
- Immunization Policies at Camp and Reccommendations from the American Academy of Pediatrics
- Injury and Illness
- Is Your Camp MESH Supportive
Speakers will include Barry Garst, PhD, Linda Erceg, RN, MSN, PHN, Tracey Gaslin, PhD, CRNI, CPNP, FNP-BC, Michael Ambrose, MD, Katie Waldrep BSN, RN, Matt Hecht RN, Rachel Wasczczak BSN, Camp Director, Lisa Cranwell-Bruce FNP, Ann Laske EdD, RN, CNE, Kelly Zakar MSN, APRN Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, Stacy Dorian EMT, W-EMT and Phil Hackman, RN, Alic Shook BSN, PhDc and more!