Mental, Emotional Social Health
This rich resource is full of the latest resources for mental, emotional and social health relating to camp
- Prepare your camp to support camper and staff MESH using the Pre-Camp MESH Checklist
- Communicate to potential staff the Essential MESH functions of a camp staff member
- Download the MESH assessment tool (directions included with the download) Assessment of a Camper’s Behavior of Concern
- Find a Mental Health First Aid course for yourself but also consider hosting a course for your staff and/or ACA local office.
- Check out the Mental Health Toolkit for additional MESH resources.
Walking Through a Panic Attack (MESH Blog, Gaslin May 2017)
Treating What You Can’t: Meeting Mental, Emotional an Social Health Issues (MESH) Needs At Camp (Gaslin, InSite, June/July 2015)
The Spirit of Camp Care (Gaslin, CompassPoint, March 2017)
Addressing MESH Needs of Children Through Camp (Wilcox, January 2014)
The Recovery Village (a network of rehab facilities that offer comprehensive treatment for substance abuse disorders, and co-occuring mental health conditions.)